Egg free cookies….What more do I need to say! Here is my favourite recipe. Enjoy!
200g butter (at room temperature)
125g caster sugar
300g self-raising flour
350g of pain chocolate chips or chunks
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C /fan 160°C/ gas 4
2. Place greaseproof paper on baking trays
3. Soften the butter and gradually beat in the sugar and add the vanilla extract
4. Then add in the flour slowly
Top tip – at this point I think its best to use your hands to combine the mixture together as the heat from your hands brings the dough together
5. Once you have nearly added all the flour add in the chocolate chips/chunks
6. Form the dough in walnut sized balls and place on the greaseproof paper and gently flatten
Top tip – the cookies double in size so spread them apart when baking
7. Bake for 15-18 minutes until slightly golden
8. Leave on the tray for a few minutes to firm up and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Most important point….make yourself a cup of tea and dunk! How else can you enjoy such a tasty treat!
This recipe can be tweaked to be vegan friendly just use vegan butter and vegan friendly chocolate chips/chunks
Let me know how you get on with this recipe.