My weekends are all about brunch (a cross between breakfast and lunch) which is why I love eating avocado on toast. It’s also a great post gym light meal. Its quick, easy, super tasty and most importantly vegan!
- 2 medium slices of sourdough bread
- 1 medium avocado (ripen)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon/lime juice (you can also use lemon/lime juice from a bottle)
- A pinch of lemon/lime zest
- 1 spring onion
- A few sprigs of coriander (optional)
- Heat your oven to 150C
- Place your 2 slices of bread of a greaseproof baking sheet and leave on the side until you are ready to toast
- Slice your avocado in half and remove half the flesh into a bowl.
- Mash half the avocado until it’s smooth and creamy.
- With the other half cut up into small chunks and place in the bowl with the creamy avocado
- Add in the salt, pepper, chilli flakes and lemon juice and mix
- Slice the spring onions and add to the mixture
- Place the sourdough in the oven until lightly toasted (2 minutes each side usually works for me)
- Place the sourdough on your plate, top with your avocado mixture
- Sprinkle the lemon zest and some coriander on top and enjoy!